Re: [News] OpenGL Gets DirectX/Microsoft's Knickers in a Twist

Roy Schestowitz wrote:

OpenCL and OpenGL take on DirectX

,----[ Quote ]
| OpenGL is now more competitive with DirectX than ever. Microsoft's stumble | with Vista and its DirectX/Direct3D version 10 has also helped to stall its | momentum in the market. Microsoft plans to add OpenCL-like support for GPGPU | computing into DirectX 11 in Windows 7, but Apple's OpenCL, which is designed | to work closely with OpenGL code, will arrive first and with broad industry | support. Apple has also released OpenCL as a royalty-free, open standard | anyone can implement on any platform.

But I don't see whether they have or haven't licensed the source code with a GPL-like license or even opened it for inspection. That seems troublesome.

`----

http://www.appleinsider.com/articles/08/12/16/opencl_and_opengl_take_on_directx.html