[News] Microsoft Buddy Samsung Chooses Linux for Phones

Samsung Android phones to hit US in spring

,----[ Quote ]
| Samsung will launch its first phones based on Google's Android platform this
| coming spring within the US, according to statements reportedly made by the
| Korean company. An official has told local press that Samsung
| is "accelerating" development of phones based on Android and should have a
| finished product released within the US during the second calendar quarter of
| the year, which runs April through June. The goal is to "meet the specific
| need of local carriers," the electronics maker adds.
`----

http://www.electronista.com/articles/08/12/19/samsung.android.in.spring/

More Android news:

"cupcake" development branch

,----[ Quote ]
| From http://source.android.com/roadmap:
|       During Android's transition to an open-source project, some development has
|       continued to happen in a private branch.  We are working to move the rest of
|       these changes into the open as soon as possible, and all future open-source
|       work will happen in the public git repositories.  All changes that have
|       already been submitted to the public repositories will be merged into the
|       newer code base, so nothing should be lost.
|
| The Android team has begun pushing these changes to the public git
| repositories, in the "cupcake" branch.
`----

http://source.android.com/roadmap/cupcake

Recent:

"Fashion accessory" PMP camera runs Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| A style-conscious Samsung digital camera and personal media player (PMP) is
| built on a MontaVista Linux platform, it was revealed by a reader. Shipping
| since last year, the Samsung i70 features 7.2-megapixel resolution, 3x
| optical zoom, and Samsung's ASR (Advanced Shake Reduction) technology.

LG, Samsung bet on new mobile Linux platform

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://uk.reuters.com/article/technologyNews/idUKL1149926420080211