Re: guide to read c.o.l.a.

On 2008-12-03, Hadron <hadronquark@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Kevin Wilcox <kevin.wilcox@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

>> Back to the topic at hand - not quite *all* of the advocates here love
>> Roy's [News] posts. I don't have them filtered but they're definitely
>> marked down by subject, just because I'd rather read conversation by
>> people than snippets of news articles forwarded to USENET. I'm in much
>> the same boat as Chris - I don't think he's trolling or doing anything
>> uncalled for, I just don't particularly care for them.
>>
>> That said, they can be darn useful as a, "Look, see what <x> is doing
>> with GNU/Linux" tool.
>
> http://lxer.com/
> http://www.linuxtoday.com/
>
> Both without his misbranding and lies.

I'm familiar with linuxtoday. lxer.com was a new one for me (at least,
I don't remember having visited it before). Thanks.

After a quick trip to linuxtoday I was reminded of why I quit using it.
The advert directly under the horizontal navigation bar:

"Save $50 now when you buy Windows Home Server. Share and store your
digital media, automatically back up your home PCs, access your data
from almost anywhere, and increase your storage capacity."

kmw

--
Linux because I have to
FreeBSD because I want to