Re: guide to read c.o.l.a.

On 2008-12-03, Terry Porter <linux-2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Tue, 02 Dec 2008 06:35:12 +0100, Robert M. Stockmann wrote:

>> Many have complained that c.o.l.a. is a real Bitch to read.

> Many trolls that is.

> The Linux advocates here all love Roy Schestowitzs [News] posts, and they
> are staying, so get over it, or get a decent news reader.

First and foremost, hi Terry! Welcome back! I'm just now back to lurking
after a pretty long break myself. I guess you could say Rip Van Winkle
has awoken yet again. Things going pretty well Down Under? Still working
on embedded devices?

Back to the topic at hand - not quite *all* of the advocates here love
Roy's [News] posts. I don't have them filtered but they're definitely
marked down by subject, just because I'd rather read conversation by
people than snippets of news articles forwarded to USENET. I'm in much
the same boat as Chris - I don't think he's trolling or doing anything
uncalled for, I just don't particularly care for them.

That said, they can be darn useful as a, "Look, see what <x> is doing
with GNU/Linux" tool.

kmw

--
Linux because I have to