Re: [News] Red Hat CEO Foresees Expansion

Erik Funkenbusch <erik@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> On Mon, 01 Dec 2008 21:49:25 +0100, Mart van de Wege wrote:
>
>>> However, you're pretty much stuck with what Open Source developers think
>>> you should want, rather than what you actually want.
>>
>> And this is different from any other kind of development methodology
>> how?
>
> Commercial software is driven by sales.  You give customers what they want,
> and they buy your product.  If you refuse to give them what they want, they
> give their money to someone who IS willing to give them what they want.

Ah right.

That is why game companies keep using SecuRom as a copy-protection
method, despite the almost universal disdain customers have for this
particular system.

And that's why Windows is so prevalent. People just love it.

You really believe that 'sovereign consumer' shit, don't you? Here's a
hint: except for the most rabid Chicago Scool zealots, even economists
have consigned that theory to the scrap heap.

Mart

--- AJS, quoting an uncertain source.