Re: Why Microsoft (and Its Shills) Lie About Linux Installed Base

On Feb 2, 9:17 pm, Linonut <lino...@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> * Rex Ballard peremptorily fired off this memo:
>
> > I followed your links.  Found some other interesting links.
>
> >http://www.kace.com/pdf/KACE_VistaSurvey.pdf
> > According to the KACE survey, 44% of the companies surveyed are
> > looking to non-windows solutions, and 68% of those are looking at some
> > flavor of Linux.
>
> It only makes sense.
>
> >http://tinyurl.com/23sc2s
> > Forrester things Linux is pretty hot.
> > </quote>
>
> Is that report generally available, or do you have to pay US$695 to get
> it?

The quote was from a summary, the full report is $695, more or less,
per person, depending on your corporate plan.

> >http://www.enduser.co.uk/brsrhits.html
>
> Here are some interesting ones:
Do you have some tiny urls,   I tried to follow your links and the
were wierd)

>    WebAlta Crawler/2.0 (http://www.webalta.net/ru/about_webmaster.html)
This one gave me a dead location.

>    msnbot-media/1.0 (+http://search.msn.com/msnbot.htm)
This one just gave me an MSN info page - no stats.

>    Exabot/3.0
>    libwww-perl/5.805
>    Baiduspider+(+http://www.baidu.com/search/spider.htm)
That gave me chinese, but nothing I could read - no charts.

>    findlinks/1.1.3-beta9 (+http://wortschatz.uni-leipzig.de/findlinks/)
This one had a graph, but the narrative was in German.

>    Yeti/0.01 (nhn/1noon, yeti...@xxxxxxxxx, check robots.txt daily and follow it)
It looks like the whole URL got mangled.