Re: [News] [Rival] No Resolution in Sight for Windows Live Outage

____/ 7 on Wednesday 27 February 2008 21:11 : \____

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>> Tracking Microsoft's Windows Live outage (Updated)
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | Readers have been e-mailing this morning about problems accessing
>> | Microsoft's Windows Live Hotmail and Messenger services. Microsoft is
>> | acknowledging the problem, but as of late morning Pacific time, there
>> | doesn't appear to be a resolution.
>> `----
>>
>> http://blog.seattlepi.nwsource.com/microsoft
> archives/132772.asp?source=rss
>>
>> Have Microsoft 'engineers' tries rebooting and reinstalling the servers
>> yet?
>

> No Roy dude, they should have they consulted CLIPPY!!?

Oh no! Imagine Yahoo with Clippy. That would be horrible.

>> The division responsible for this has lost like 3 leaders (sometimes _TOP_
>> leaders) in the past 1.5 years. It's a disaster and it loses $billions.
>> They also lose staff (skills).
>

> Alternatively, they should have called on all the
> resident micoshaft trolls to fix it!
> After are, they all they pretend they know everything
> and its now time to match actions with verbage!
>
> May be doofy can help them with his expert knowledge
> of veebee.
>
> I can only think that the servers ran some sort of automatic update
> and screwed themselves up royally.
> That means they couldn't control how the stack of dominos came tumbling down
> in a cascade failure which is why so many of their diverse machines are
> down. Millions of dollars of revenue go poof because the company
> used micoshaft servers instead of decent kit like Linux.
>
> Its only a theory. but knowing micoshaft, its probably much worse than that.
>
> Better go install some Linux me thinks.
> http://www.livecdlist.com
> http://www.distrowatch.com

Hmmm... some of the world's most robust servers are covered in those two sites.
Maybe those in need for decent uptime and reliability should really visit
distrowatch.com more frequently instead of apologing to people for getting
locked out of the Office (yes, it's not only Hotmail which was affected).

People have begun complaining after this incident, saying that /this/ is why
Yahoo must stay away from Microsoft.

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    Previous signature has been conceded
 04:20:02 up 34 days, 14:14,  3 users,  load average: 1.77, 2.07, 1.99