Re: More Evidence the "advocates" in COLA are cowards.

____/ Jesper Lund Stocholm on Wednesday 27 February 2008 06:52 : \____

> "Terry Spackler" <tspack@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote in
>
>> These "advocates" claim to be advocating and supporting Linux. Here
>> these weasels had a chance to standup for Mr. Stocholm who is a real
>> advocate. Instead when the puke face friendless idiot Roy Schestowitz
>> makes some lame attempt to insult a real advocate.... the cowards here
>> in COLA run and hide.
>
> Guys, a quick note: I am not a Linux advocate - nor a Windows advocate. I
> personally really don't care what OS people use, but I find it extremely
> important that the stuff we pass around between different platforms is
> interoperable. This will mean real free choice between different platforms
> and applications.
>
> So consider me a "interoperability-advocate".
>
> :o)

Don't let the trolls/agents/shills drag you into this. They will try hard in
order to discredit the forum, discredit yourself (as well as everybody else),
and in order to lead to resentment.

By the way, I've just spotted the following news:

Danish Unix User Group Files Complaint With EU Commission Against Denmark For
Mandating MSOOXML

,----[ Quote ]
| The Danish Unix User Group, DKUUG, has filed a formal complaint with the EU
| Commission regarding Denmark's mandating ECMA 376, better known by us as
| MSOOXML, for certain procurements.
|
| The complaint [PDF] is grounded in breach of the EC Treaty article 81 on
| unfair competition. The press release says that the regulation "can be seen
| as an attempt to continue the de facto monopoly of Microsoft in the Danish
| state on office software, as the various public agencies and institutions
| need to buy the products of Microsoft to comply to the regulation."

Perhaps you'll find it informative because you're a Danish delegate as I
understand this.

"The number of developers working on improving Linux vastly exceeds the number
of Microsoft developers working on Windows NT."

                                        --Paul Maritz, Microsoft