Re: [Roy Schestowitz Lies Again] Microsoft's Scott Guthrie Lies About/Twists "Cross-platform" to Hijack Web

____/ Linonut on Wednesday 27 February 2008 00:37 : \____

> * Erik Funkenbusch peremptorily fired off this memo:
>
>> On Tue, 26 Feb 2008 19:04:50 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>>
>>> My original post was fine. The Microsoft Agent just wants to warp things to
>>> discredit. More explanation here, if the Agent is interested.
>>> http://boycottnovell.com/2008/02/26/microsoft-redefines-cross-platform/
>>
>> No, Roy.  You lied.  Silverlight is cross platform.  Microsoft has not
>> re-defined the meaning.
>>
>> Cross platform does not mean "runs on all platforms", it means "runs on
>> more than one platform".
>
> So Microsoft Office is cross-platform, then?

It's not.

Microsoft tries to take a term that is typically used in one context (very
consistently in fact) and transform it to suit selfish agenda. Microsoft is
now doing this to FOSS/OSS as well. It's hijacking words, twists them and
shakes them to kill their meaning.

And again: Moonlight //IS NOT// Silverlight.

>> You are the one trying to redefine it.

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Linux: mint and self-contained 'out of the box'