Re: [News] MSBBC Considers Going Back to Just DRM Binary Cr*p? Not Excluding GNU/Linux?

____/ Mark Kent on Friday 22 February 2008 14:42 : \____

>> There's also this:
>>
>> Channel 4 music video provider goes titsup
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>>| Musicbrigade, a Swedish company that provided websites including
>>| Channel4.com with music video content, has gone titsup.com.
>> `----
>>
>> http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/02/20/musicbrigade_channel_4_byebye/
>>

> Not so much money in this after all, then...

It has just come up that iPlayer raised traffic significantly and ISPs complain
about excessive utilisation (well, overflow). This was predicted some time
ago, so maybe they should experiment with using other cabling systems?
Microsoft, failing to make much money in the software business nowadays
(Office being the exception), began investing in power lines as a channel. It
actually tried many things including services and hardware (IBM's mid-life
crisis/transition comes to mind) in order to survive, but I seem to be going
off-topic anyway...

Surely, Microsoft has given up on altruism in the IT industry
Cpu(s): 25.6%us,  4.1%sy,  1.0%ni, 65.1%id,  3.8%wa,  0.3%hi,  0.1%si,  0.0%st