Re: [News] McAfee Licks Microsoft Boots by Doing FUD Work, Does Crime

<posted & mailed>

____/ Jerry McBride on Monday 07 January 2008 12:52 : \____

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>> McAfee throws some FUD at the GPL
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | In its annual report, Windows security software vendor McAfee told its
>> | investors that open source software licence terms it vaguely
>> | characterised as " ambiguous" might "result in unanticipated obligations
>> | regarding our products."
>> |
>> | [...]
>> |
>> | That statement says several things. First, it reveals that McAfee does
>> | use at least some open source software derived code in its products.
>
> ----snip----
>
> I just emailed McAfee Tech Support asking for the URL containing the
> downloadable, GPL licensed source code...
>
> This ought to be interesting...

Dude, you'll get them sued. They'll reach bankruptcy after spreading all that
FUD, just like SCO. And... and... and Windows will be left naked (no AV
software).

This ought to be interesting indeed...

PS - yesterday, someone in LinuxToday called them SCO 2.0 (McAfee).

Modern man is the missing link between Neanderthals and the civilised man
 13:05:01 up 28 days,  1:53,  4 users,  load average: 1.34, 1.52, 1.71