Re: conspiracy theorists and open source

____/ Mark Kent on Sunday 06 January 2008 20:32 : \____

>> ____/ Linonut on Saturday 05 January 2008 18:54 : \____
>>
>>> * Tim Smith fired off this tart reply:

>>> Pfffft.
>>>
>>>    1. That subset is extremely small.
>>>
>>>    2. If you're feeling paranoid, that doesn't mean they aren't out to
>>>       get you.
>>>
>>> Feeling paramoid about Microsoft is quite understandable, given their
>>> incredible track record for astroturfing, violating or using materials
>>> covered by non-disclosure agreements, lobbying to push their agenda or
>>> to get people sacked, using their leverage to stifle, or even destroy,
>>> competition.
>>>
>>> Feeling paranoid about Gnome or the FSF is quite another thing.

>>>    But I do not think that all uncivil, emotionally reasoned arguments
>>>    should be completely ignored, either. They may not be pleasant, but
>>>    the truth can come in many forms.
>>
>> Just ignore harlowmonkeys ("Tim Smith"). That 'Microsoft agent' is just
>> trying to spread the dismissals further.
>>
>> Bruce's blog post contains remarks that he earlier adddressed at me in
>> response to my posts (and later turned these into a blog post). I was sent
>> messages asking me who he was referring to because he was being vague
>> (purposely).
>>
>> Now, Timmy, it's clear you've been stalking me on the Web for many months,
>> but you still don't get access to my inbox, so on issues you don't
>> understand, you ought to just STFU.
>>

> Anyone who believes in repeated coincidences is a few sandwiches short
> of a picnic.  Of course, those trying to hide their inappropriate
> activities refer to those who spot repeated "coincidences" as conspiracy
> theorists.  It's a standard approach, and a variation of the "damage the
> credibility of the opponent" political approach.
>
> Unfortunately for those who try to persuade us that coincidences are
> really common and happen all the time, the truth does come out,
> regularly, indeed, because of the internet, rather more rapidly than
> ever before.

Here is more proof that it was written primarily due to my own work:

http://dev-loki.blogspot.com/2008/01/conspiracy-theorist.html (just to make
Tim 'happier')

I'll soon post something from PJ that reveals yet another thing she calls
(sarcastically) just a coincidence. Microsoft is apparently suing Apple by
proxy, just as it recently did with Google, possibly IBM, and possibly
LANCOR/OLPC. Never mind SCO (Goldfarb declaration), possibility of Acacia...
you get the picture...

Roy S. Schestowitz      | while (!0==1) echo 'Bill Gates' > /dev/null
 02:20:02 up 27 days, 15:08,  4 users,  load average: 1.74, 1.51, 1.76