Re: conspiracy theorists and open source

* Tim Smith fired off this tart reply:

> I suspect we are going to have to disagree on this.  In his zeal to get
> as many posts as possible, he lets accuracy suffer.

Don't believe his headlines or summaries without reading the article for
yourself.

> I find accuracy
> very important, because on the internet, the way stories bounce around
> from blog to blog and forum to forum, things often get separated from
> their sources.  It's hard enough for an accurate story to stay accurate
> is at percolates through the net.

That's why you cannot use anyone (Roy or otherwise) as your sole source.

> Maybe you've seen different, but everything that appeared useful I've
> seen him find that turned out to be accurate (so that it was *actually*
> useful), was something that many others also found, and so came to my
> attention independently of Roy.

Very good.  You've corroborated, then, a certain amount of Roy's
postings.

--
This sig has expired.  Please reactivate your sig by paying $0.25
and entering the 30-character activation key that will be emailed to