Re: Patent Sellout (Novell) and Patent Megatroll (LANCOR)

Linonut <linonut@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> * Rex Ballard fired off this tart reply:
>
>>> - Windows as primary O/S
>>
>> Yes.  Clearly Microsoft is very threatened by VMWare Player, and even
>> offering free copies of Virtual PC wasn't enough to stop the spread of
>> VMWare Player.  To make matters worse, VMWare Converter has made it
>> trivially easy to create a VMWare player file-set for your existing
>> Windows system, install Linux, and then use VMWare player to put
>> Windows on one of your many Virtual Desktops.
>
> Cool.  Didn't know about Converter.  I guess Microsoft is afraid to
> scream bloody murder about it (the tactic that backfired with Linux
> <grin>).

Yes, I could see that happening.  I didn't know about Converter
until you mentioned it here, and I'm even a happy VMWare customer.
If MS starts complaining too loudly about Converter, they might
only inform more people that it exists.

I could have used Converter a few years ago when I converted
my last Windows2000 box into a VMWare image, the manual way.

Thad
all the ingredients on the label.