Re: John Dvorak Concedes 2007 was a "Crappy Year" for Windows Enthusiasts

> Their keyboards aren't too bad though.

I used to say that about their mouse, too, but recently I've switched
to Logitech and like it much better (costs more, though).   My
keyboard is an IBM/Lenovo.  Need to find one without the Microsoft
flag.

To me one of the most interesting things about the article is the
quotes on stock prices over the last year:

Microsoft   up 15%
Google      up 50%
Apple        up 133%

I think if you look over the last 5 years the comparison is even more
dramatic.  I recall figures like $7 for Apple 5 years ago vs $200
now.  I may not have these figures correct, but I think it is true
that Apple has been an extremely good investment in recent years,
while Microsoft has been so-so.  I'd be interested to see graphs of
stock prices for all these companies in the last five years, RedHat
and Novell too.  We know what happened to SCO.  Meanwhile, trolls on
cola are bragging about how good an investment Microsoft is.

Market share is another statistic I'd like to see quantified
(honestly, I mean).  Of course it's slippery to define, for example,
Apple is stronger in the US than elsewhere, and Linux is stronger
elsewhere than in the US.  And for many other reasons.  But it
certainly looks like both Apple and Linux are eating into Microsoft's
share of the desktop, from opposite ends, although Linux is currently
small.