Re: [News] Microsoft to Attempt Windows Vertical Integration with... Cars?

____/ Mark Kent on Tuesday 01 January 2008 00:50 : \____

http://www.marketwatch.com/news/story/in-vehicle-technology-focus-las-vegas/story.aspx?guid=%7B7D7E28E7%2D29BB%2D4812%2D8CC0%2DC975D22661E6%7D&siteid=yhoof

>>> Oh god - how many people will die?
>>
>> I think Windows is safe enough for music, not the operation of the car's
>> mechanics. Ask the airlines or the NYSE if they are anywhere near
>> considering Windows.
>>

> Well, the LSE *did* use Windows.  And it crashed.  Stupid.

That was the exception (LSE). Microsoft tried hard to show that with huge
redundancies (=$$$) Windows can get something done, but it failed. It was a
sort of a model deployment to Microsoft. I'm sure that Gordon "Bilderberg"
Brown is terrified by the idea of Free software running the so-called NWO, so
him and the clique will try hard to avoid it, even if it emans having the
stock exchange having a downtime every now and then.

$Man: "I'd like to sell BT *now*, before the big announcement."

$Banker: "I'm sorry, $Man, the market is offline at the moment, but I'll do it
as soon as it's back online."

Here's another:

$Pilot: "Ladies and gentlemen, I'm afraid we have some memory leaks. Do not be
alarmed. We are going to reboot the system and we have enough velocity to
sustain movement. Restarting the system takes about 5 minutes because of AV
software and all kinds of fancy programs, but we should be able to lift the
plane up before the nose reaches a 40 degrees vertical angle. We will regain
sufficient height before we hit the ground."

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Othello for Win32/Linux: http://othellomaster.com