Re: [News] iPhone's 'Success' Overhyped, Based on Just the US (like the Failed XBox360)

____/ Mark Kent on Sunday 20 January 2008 13:03 : \____

http://www.theinquirer.net/gb/inquirer/news/2008/01/19/iphone-uk-sales-disappoint

>> Maybe Apple engineers should have just with Linux (they were going to).
>
> I wonder whether this target was set before or after the very
> disappointing sales.  Personally, I find it slightly surprising that as
> many as 190,000 people were willing to pay so much money for a 2.5G
> phone when there are so many excellent 3G phones out there.

There are many Mac users out there and that's just their missing fashion
accessory. Good luck to the iPhone, but it's going to need luck when those 3G
Linux phones reach the wide market and get given away almost for free (ads
will cover expenses over time).

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Watch your step, that soapbox is very slippery
roy      pts/2        cg093a.halls.man Sun Jan 20 09:29   still logged in