Re: [News] People Beg to Stay Away from Vista, Linux+Hardware Cheaper Than Vista

[H]omer wrote:

>> It's about money to them.
>
> For all it seems to matter to many of these "MSFT" obsessed goons,

[H]omer the [H]oarding [H]ypocrite is so greedy and obsessed he's
fantasizing about making money 22 years from now: "I also have an unopened
kit in pristine condition that I'm planning to sell in 2030, when it
officially becomes an antique."

Austin Powers figurine?

> they might just as well be stockbrokers, rather than software
> developers.
>
>> No Windows equates to a career change to them

No Windows equates to a masturbatory fantasy of yours.  No wonder you're so
frustrated and angry all the time...

> They have a wholly irrational fear of change, based on ignorance and
> bigotry.

Or we booted up Fedora Core or Slackware and realized our bigotry is
well-founded.

>> as well as a decline in wage.
>
> Actually that's a fallacy based on that same "ignorance". *nix
> engineers are amongst the highest paid in the industry, as are those
> working in related positions. Indeed this fact is often cited by
> analysts as the reason why *nix deployments have higher short to mid
> term costs, but with huge savings over the long term due to a better
> infrastructure.

Which analysts?  Which deployments?

> I would argue that the "switchers" will *win*. Only Microsoft, and
> those too stubbornly bigoted to change (or at least diversify), will
> lose.

Here's what will happen (and it's very simple): the free-wheeling,
freeloading Linux/OSS community will continue to produce shoddy application
software and no games, the Mac will continue to be too much an expensive,
hardware lock-in proposition, and thus MS\Windows will maintain its dominant
market share over the long-term.

No Linux goob really, truly believes Linux crapware will ever beat
MS\commercial code on the desktop.  Do they?