Re: Bruce Perens Slams Microsoft for Attempts to Hijack OLPC

> Some people like Microsoft only because they like money and Microsoft hands it
> over to them (literally).

This guy is different, though.  He genuinely is in love with the whole
enchilada the way some of us are in love with the whole GNU/Linux thing.

And there's some reason for it.  There are nice technical things to
enjoy in the "Microsoft" realm, so it is no surprise that some people
find what they need in it and like it, even if others go too far.

> I received this by E-mail a month ago:
>
> http://www.lemonde.fr/web/article/0,1-0%402-651865,36-991097%4051-991184,0.html
>
> As you see, it's in French but it is short and sweet.  It refers to an
> article published in the Swiss newspaper Le Temps on Monday (available for a
> payment of 2.50 Swiss francs.)  But I find the Le Monde article
> sufficient and can offer a translation:
>
>      1,445: number of students in the world paid by Microsoft to
>      promote favourable speech in their universities

Are they, like, Ballmer Youth?

--
You will step on the night soil of many countries.