Re: [News] KDE 4.0 is Ahead of Windows Vista

<newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
 wrote
on Sat, 12 Jan 2008 15:04:24 +0000
<2742408.XiN45pGxBJ@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> Goodbye Vista, KDE 4.0 Has Arrived!
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | There are only few people who know that if you look out of your 'Windows',
> | the world is much more vivid and beautiful. Apple is known for its good
> | looks, but it?s excessively expensive, while Vista is a big disappointment
> | (check Tech Cold War 2007!). Now, there is GNU/Linux which, in fact, is free
> | and offers much more options and freedom than Windows or Mac. One of the most
> | popular desktop environments on GNU/Linux platform has come out in a new
> | flavour - KDE 4.0.
> `----
>
> http://www.efytimes.com/efytimes/24071/news.htm

I wouldn't count Vista out just yet.  Sure, it's a piece of
crap, was rushed into the public without adequate quality
control or assurance, is overpriced, and is from Microsoft.
But Microsoft is nowhere near dead -- and is even now
quite profitable.  They'll push it until Chapter 7. ;-)

Still, with Linux advancing by the day, Microsoft has to
be feeling the heat.

It's going to be a bitter software war.  We win some
(Blu-Ray) and lose some (BBC).

> Related (yesterday):
>
> KDE 4 Brings Improvements Galore to the Linux Desktop
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | The next generation of KDE, the popular Linux desktop environment, has
> | arrived. KDE 4.0 features a completely re-written core with new multimedia
> | libraries, better hardware abstraction and
> | desktop eye candy that puts Windows Vista to shame.
>
> http://blog.wired.com/monkeybites/2008/01/kde-4-brings-im.html

I'm a Gnome junkie but at some point I'll want to flip between the two.

#191, ewill3@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Linux.  Because vaporware only goes so far.