Re: Another Example of Superior Performance in GNU/Linux

On Jan 13, 6:10 am, Tim Smith <reply_in_gr...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> In article
> <923126f2-ebb9-4992-8ce0-540c86a51...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
>  Rex Ballard <rex.ball...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > Cache these entries quick, because it won't be long before Microsoft
> > makes them "disappear" and has the bench-marker retest and republish
> > what Microsoft wants (since they didn't get prior written approval
> > from Microsoft to publish these entries).

> Why would they need Microsoft's permission to publish a Tomcat benchmark?

Read the EULA licenses very carefully.  It expressly forbids the
publication of benchmarks without Microsoft's prior written
permission.  If you publish without that written permission, Microsoft
can ask you to retract, rewrite, and/or retest your benchmark.
Microsoft uses copyright law and trademark law more effectively than
any company I know of.  Not every judge sides with Microsoft, but
enough do to make benchmarks like these "collector's Items".