[News] GNU/Linux Saves You Time *And* Money

  • Subject: [News] GNU/Linux Saves You Time *And* Money
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2008 08:04:44 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
30 Dollars, 30 Minutes, 1 Nice Fileserver

,----[ Quote ]
| When I’m working, I like to listen to music (which I stream over the local
| network). I also often download ISO images of Ubuntu CD’s, Ultimate Boot CD,
| etc. The problem comes when I have to power down my main computer. If I have
| an ISO downloading from Ubuntu or somewhere else, I cannot power down.
| Needless to say, that was an annoyance as I did not want to leave my main
| computer on when I was not using it. Not anymore!
`----

http://ubuntulinuxhelp.com/30-dollars-30-minutes-1-nice-fileserver/

Half an hour, 30 bucks, and it's likely to require no real maintenance
(long-term savings). No wonder Microsoft is dumping.

Related (in just 15 minutes):

Ubuntu LAMP Server Installation With Screenshots

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.debianadmin.com/ubuntu-lamp-server-installation-with-screenshots.html
http://tinyurl.com/ylhtj9