Re: Schestowitz lying *again*

____/ Kier on Wednesday 23 January 2008 15:09 : \____

> On Wed, 23 Jan 2008 01:20:55 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>> Yes, I read the first few paragraph and also remembered how he previously
>> defended GPLv3 against myths. I didn't read this carefully.
>
> No offence, Roy, but you *should* have read it it carefully. When you post
> stuff, anything at all, you should make sure it says what you claim it
> says, else you just lay yourself wide open to criticism of this kind - if
> not, in many cases, the criticism will be justified. If you have to choose
> between sacrifing volume of posts or accuracy of posts, choose the former,
> not the latter. You will save yourself a lot of trouble.

Yes, I agree, but there is always room for error. The question is, what will be
the recurrence? If one in 300 is incorrect or inaccurate, then that's
reasonable. Even reading entire articles isn't enough. In many cases, articles
themselves are incorrect (recent examples include articles about Mono, memory
leaks in C# and accusation against the olpcnews.com guy). To err is human.

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Linux + tax = Mac OS = (Windows - functionality)
 16:20:01 up 5 days,  2:00,  3 users,  load average: 0.44, 0.97, 1.43