Re: Federal Employment Office switches to Linux

____/ Peter Köhlmann on Wednesday 23 January 2008 12:30 : \____

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>> ____/ Peter Köhlmann on Wednesday 23 January 2008 11:41 : \____

>>> Which part do you believe to be correct? So far the only factual
>>> statement was that "software patents are illegal in Germany"
>>>
>>> The rest is bullshit
>>
>> Novell and Microsoft has agreed that Microsoft will pay Novell $300+
>> million for 'protection'. In return, based on the volume of Novell sales,
>> Microsoft will receive 'protection' money from Novell. Read the 2007
>> report of Novell. You will see it pretty clearly. Also see the quotes
>> here:
>>
>> More on the OSP
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | Microsoft’s recent history on patents (particularly since the Novell
>> | deal in November 06) has a particularly public persona:
>> |
>> | Microsoft General Counsel Brad Smith and licensing chief Horacio
>> | Gutierrez sat down with Fortune recently to map out their strategy for
>> | getting FOSS users to pay royalties. - Fortune
>> |
>> | “Novell pays us some money for the right to tell customers that anybody
>> | who uses SuSE Linux is appropriately covered,” Ballmer said...
>> `----
>>
>> http://brendanscott.wordpress.com/2008/01/18/more-on-the-osp/
>>
>> More quotes there. It's not a secret, it's a reality. Ignoring it won't
>> make it magically go away.
>>

> So when Ballmer utters his shite about Novell, it gets somewhat magically
> true. Otherwise it is, and stays, just bullshit and FUD
>
> Nice

*This* we agree on Peter. It's bullshit and FUD. But even people outside
Microsoft seem to suggest it's true. That includes Jeremy Allison.

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Linux + tax = Mac OS = (Windows - functionality)
 16:20:01 up 5 days,  2:00,  3 users,  load average: 0.44, 0.97, 1.43