Re: [News] Microsoft Tries Hard to Battle GNU/Linux Adoption, Using Money

____/ Jerry McBride on Wednesday 23 January 2008 13:54 : \____

> [H]omer wrote:

>>> Microsoft Pledges Cash for IT in Developing World
>>
>> Why don't they just use the Gates Fundation(sic) proxy to promise a cure
>> for AIDS in exchange for loyalty to their products? Or have they already
>> tried that?

It's not said explicitly, but it's already the case that Bill donates
strategically (in Microsoft's favour). This goes back to the 90s.

> They aren't ready for that stage of the infection just yet... they are still
> in the screwing stage...

The whole thing about criticising a 'charity' (oil investment company, media
investment authority, etc.) reminds me of the "protect the children" and "war
on terror" excuses. They want a moral shield. Always watch carefully where the
money goes -- and more importantly -- /why/.

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Anonymity - established 2001, Google Groups
Cpu(s): 25.3%us,  4.1%sy,  1.0%ni, 65.7%id,  3.4%wa,  0.3%hi,  0.2%si,  0.0%st