Re: Lurker surfaces, annoyed at some idiot posters

____/ High Plains Thumper on Friday 18 July 2008 18:36 : \____

> Ben wrote:
>
>> I've noticed it too, and I'll be honest, I haven't been around
>> this newsgroup for very long, but I can honestly say that the
>> mentality of some posters around here, particularly Moshe
>> Goldfarb is pretty pathetic IMHO. If he doesn't like Linux,
>> why bother wasting his time posting in a Linux advocacy
>> newsgroup? Unless you're a 14 year old pussy with nothing
>> better to do with your time, move on and do something else.
>> Thank you.
>>
>> A lot of other posters seem to have a bad attitude, too. If
>> you say something they don't necessarily agree with you're
>> immediately either bluntly told you're a liar, or you're told
>> to come out of your fairy tale or whatever other "nice" way
>> they have of telling you that you're a liar.
>
> Bingo!  http://www.groklaw.net/pdf/Comes-3096.pdf
>
>  From the Microsoft Evangelism document used on the Comes court case:
>
> PDF page 55:
>
> "In the Mopping Up phase, Evangelism's goal is to put the final
> nail into the competing technology's coffin, and bury it in the
> burning depths of the earth.  Ideally, use of the competing
> technology becomes associated with mental deficiency, as in, "he
> believes in Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny, and OS/2."  Just keep
> rubbing it in, via the press, analysts, newsgroups, whatever.
> make the complete failure of the competition's technology part of
> the mythology of the computer industry.  We want to place
> selection pressure on the companies and individuals that show a
> genetic weakness for competitor's technologies, to make the
> industry increasingly resistant to such unhealthy strains, over
> time."
>
>> Let's just try to keep it civil. If you like Linux, you're in
>> the right place. If you don't like Linux, move on and don't
>> waste your time here.

You know, one person in Groklaw who is by all means trustworthy said that he
backed off of OS/2 advocacy after the Microsoft Munchkins (well documented)
issued death threats to him.

- --
                ~~ Best of wishes

Roy S. Schestowitz      | "I feed my 3 penguins with electricity and love"
Tasks: 161 total,   2 running, 159 sleeping,   0 stopped,   0 zombie