Re: What a gimic!

Verily I say unto thee, that Andrew Halliwell spake thusly:

> Cue the wintrolls "yea, but with linux you have to grow the corn,
> kill the chicken, pluck it, clean it, cook it..." etc :)

I know you're just kidding, but actually this analogy is misleading.

Joe "Linux" User does not have to rear; kill and pluck his own chickens,
the maintainers at the distro do that for him.

He is however /free/ to become one of those maintainers.

He is also free to start his own distro, potentially even using the work
already done at another distro as a starting point, or just start from
scratch.

Equally he can just use a distro; rely on others to do most of the work
for him, thus providing him with /most/ of his "chickens", whilst he
rears one or two of his own as a pet project.

> Let's get that out before they can so we can take the piss out of
> them when they do.

You needn't worry, because there is nothing the Trolls can say that
diminishes the virtue of the Free Software paradigm. They may despise it
with a passion, for their own incontrovertibly malevolent reasons, and
thus sling juvenile insults at it, but they can't deny its integrity.

--
K.
http://slated.org

.----
| "The idea that Bill Gates has appeared like a knight in shining
| armour to lead all customers out of a mire of technological chaos
| neatly ignores the fact that it was he who, by peddling second-rate
| technology, led them into it in the first place." ~ Douglas Adams

 13:40:53 up 210 days, 10:16,  3 users,  load average: 0.22, 0.26, 0.26