Re: [News] Another New DRM Disaster; EFF Slams Yahoo!

____/ Homer on Saturday 26 July 2008 02:02 : \____

http://news.cnet.com/8301-1023_3-9999244-93.html?part=rss&subj=news&tag=2547-1_3-0-20

http://blog.washingtonpost.com/fasterforward/2007/11/baseballs_drm_strikes_out_1.html

http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20070812-google-selleth-then-taketh-away-proving-the-need-for-drm-circumvention.html

> [quote]
> Why (And How) I Just Canceled All My Music Subscriptions
>
> Now that three of the four major labels have decided to sell music
> without DRM, I've finally decided to drop it too.  I've subscribed to
> Napster, Rhapsody, Yahoo Music, and other music services over the years,
> but I canceled them all on Thursday as a sort of preemptive new year's
> resolution.
> [/quote]
>
> http://blog.wired.com/music/2007/12/why-and-how-i-c.html
>
> It seems to be a common trend.
>
> DRM is dead (are you listening, MSBBC?).

*Erik Huggers puts headphones back on*

"La la la... Microsoft, Microsoft, Microsoft..."

- --
                ~~ Best of wishes

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Mandriva & Fedora - Gotta love them girls
Mem:   2075800k total,  2022104k used,    53696k free,    37144k buffers