[News] More Migrations to GNU/Linux, No Looking Back

Technology Today: Linux — A new user’s review

,----[ Quote ]
| All in all I have been very impressed with Ubuntu Linux 7.10 and would
| recommend it to anyone who is willing to learn a new operating sytem.  There
| was just recently a new version of Ubuntu released, 8.04, which improves
| further on the current iteration, and I hope to upgrade soon.  I cannot
| imagine ever returning to Windows and look forward to the future as Linux
| becomes even better supported and more widespread.
`----

http://www.beckymckimmy.com/blog/2008/06/05/technology-today-linux-a-new-users-review/

People wonder why I don’t use windows

,----[ Quote ]
| Glad I switched to Linux for both the workplace and the home use some 6 years
| ago. I really do find that I have far fewer issues in the alternatives.
| (Exceptions being poorly coded stuff that requires windows).
`----

http://tsunam.org/2008/06/08/people-wonder-why-i-dont-use-windows/

Recent:

Russians Say Nyet To Windows, But Da To Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| The move to Linux may be even more far reaching. I was talking with a Russian
| Émigré who keeps close tabs on the Russian IT industry, and he is of the
| belief that the entire government apparatus has plans to totally migrate to
| Linux by 2012. This must be making our friends in Redmond a little ticked
| off.
`----

http://www.bloggernews.net/115636

Related:

French National Assembly switches to Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| Linux, OpenOffice and Firefox favoured
|
| [...]
|
| One deputy in favour of the move is Bernard Carayon, commissioned by
| the Prime Minister earlier this year to report on how European
| businesses could play a greater role in developing global industrial
| standards, in order to reduce Europe's economic dependance on other
| regions.
`----

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/news/index.cfm?newsid=7687

French police deal blow to Microsoft