Re: [News] Open Source Firm "Big Buck Bunny" Officially Released

____/ Homer on Thursday 05 June 2008 12:11 : \____

> Verily I say unto thee, that Linonut spake thusly:
>
>> It is very nicely done, though I was sad at the loss of butterfly life.
>
> I find it less disturbing if you think of it as the MSN butterfly.

Remember how they trashed New York with that butterfly thingie (promotional).
They got told off by the city's council, IIRC. I could not find the article...

Microsoft gives innocent animals a bad name. Hopefully they won't put a gnu on
emacs.NET. (yes, it's real)

"I feel we are much too smug in dealing with Novell. Perhaps they didn’t hurt
us in DOS yet — but it’s not because of product or their trying. It’s because
we already had the OEMs wrapped up."

                --Jim Allchin, Microsoft