Re: Another glorious Windows success despite Vista failure

____/ Linonut on Wednesday 04 June 2008 12:06 : \____

>> Microsoft is also trying to work on the bad reputation and tarnished name of
>> its online services. It doesn't exactly know how, but it thinks money can
>> buy it.
>>
>> "If you can?t make it good, at least make it look good."
>>                                 Bill Gates, Microsoft
>
> Like the guy at roughlydrafted.com says, Microsoft doesn't know how to
> sell to consumers.
>
> And one of the most adaptable and clever learners at the company has
> bowed out and is (for the most part) on to other endeavors:

This assumes unhappy 'customers' are /still/ with Microsoft.

"I feel we are much too smug in dealing with Novell. Perhaps they didn’t hurt
us in DOS yet — but it’s not because of product or their trying. It’s because
we already had the OEMs wrapped up."
                --Jim Allchin, Microsoft
Cpu(s): 24.2%us,  3.6%sy,  1.0%ni, 66.5%id,  4.3%wa,  0.3%hi,  0.1%si,  0.0%st