Troll-Free COLA Stats: Saturday the 28th of June, 2008.

  • Subject: Troll-Free COLA Stats: Saturday the 28th of June, 2008.
  • From: "Homer" <usenet@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 28 Jun 2008 07:40:59 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
ngstats.pl version 1.30

Written by Roy Culley.
Contributions from Mark Kent.
Modifications by Homer, 2007 - 2008.

This report covers 1053 articles received by this system to
newsgroup comp.os.linux.advocacy [1]
Toplist of Posters

 Pos  Poster                                          Msgs   Bytes Quoted
   1. Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>     332 1069020     2%
   2. Rick <none@xxxxxxxxxx>                           107  210645    83%
   3. Linonut <linonut@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>                   77   78718    51%
   4. Homer <usenet@xxxxxxxxxx>                         69   73896    18%
   5. The Ghost In The Machine <ewill@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx   68  169345    70%
   6. Peter Köhlmann <Peter.Koehlmann@xxxxxxxxxxx>      39   69766    60%
   7. Andrew Halliwell <spike1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>          38   23489    57%
   8. chrisv <chrisv@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                    32   17732    55%
   9. High Plains Thumper <highplainsthumper@invalid.   25   78782    22%
      JEDIDIAH <jedi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>                     25   35623    75%
      Gregory Shearman <ZekeGregory@xxxxxxxxxxxx>       25   29822    66%
  12. Steve Carroll - CSMA Refugee                      24  127352    50%
  13. Johan Lindquist <spam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>             23   35728    50%
  14. Sinister Midget <fardblossom@xxxxxxxxx>           22   28893    54%
  15. 7 <website_has_email@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>        21   22893    41%
  16. Mark Kent <mark.kent@xxxxxxxxxxx>                 13   57675    14%
      William Poaster <wp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>            13   17038    77%
  18. Ramon F Herrera <ramon@xxxxxxxxxxx>               12    7391    31%
  19. alt <spamtrap@xxxxxxxxxxxx>                       10    7421    61%
  20. AZ Nomad <aznomad.3@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>           9   10324    69%
  21. thufir <hawat.thufir@xxxxxxxxx>                    7    2826    48%
      nessuno@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <nessuno@xxxxxxxxxx    7    7281    11%
  23. Jerry McBride <jmcbride@xxxxxxxxxx>                6    5169    80%
      Richard Rasker <spamtrap@xxxxxxxxxx>               6   30316    18%
  25. Matt <matt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                4    4001    81%
      SomeBloke <stuff@xxxxxxxxx>                        4    3222    58%
  27. none <erik\@(none)>                                3    4842    55%
  28. Tom Shelton <tom_shelton@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>       2    2209    72%
      Steve de Mena - CSMA Refugee                       2    1955    85%
      howa <howachen@xxxxxxxxx>                          2    1171    49%
Toplist of Subjects

 Pos  Subject                                                Msgs   Bytes
   1. Typical Linux user                                       77  133199
   2. [Rival] Microsoft Goes Hunting Down Its Valued Sel       75  203888
   3. A typical Windows eXPerience                             43   70473
   4. Tux Outs Gates                                           38   48721
   5. A web page from MS Word.  Must be an excellent tea       32  155341
   6. Just thinking...                                         26   27777
   7. [Rival] Microsoft Abuses the Word "Free"; Uses It        21   27144
   8. [News] "[GNU/]Linux Will be the Oil of This Age" (       18   17942
      [News] aTunes: iTunes-like Linux Application (GPL)       18   26922
  10. [News] [OT] Everyone is a Terror Suspect (Until Pr       17   18319
      ASUS backs down on anti-Linux pricing                    17   13647
  12. Don't buy Seagate                                        16   24142
  13. [News] Reasons for Using Gentoo GNU/Linux                15   21839
      Intel shuns Vista                                        15   19297
      [News] Novell Pulls Cheeky/Dirty Tricks in Red Hat       15   16502
  16. COLA Charter Movie                                       14   11752
      [News] Firefox 3.0 Approaches 20 Million Downloads       14   19156
  18. The death of the desktop computer                        12   17927
      How to change the hostname in linux                      12   11792
  20. Does Microsoft ban its employees from reading GPL        11   14848
  21. [News] 8.3 Million Downloads of Firefox 3 in Day 1       10    7903
      Are you people amnesiac? The Vista rejection is ju       10    8815
  23. [News] [Rival] Steve Ballmer Cries Like a Baby as         9   16930
  24. Everex TC2502 Linux PC                                    8    7767
      Single Request to Snot/Snit/Michael Glasser/Presco        8   35907
      Preinstalled Linux laptop anyone?                         8   11567
  27. Clogwog AKA Kadaitcha Man is Rick Mather                  7   12740
      [News] [Rival] Article About Windows Back Doors an        7    8726
  29. Preferred shell                                           6    4555
      The resemblance between Linux and Vista                   6    5373
Toplist of Most Replied To Posters

 Pos  Poster                                                         Msgs
   1. Linonut <linonut@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>                                  47
   2. Homer <usenet@xxxxxxxxxx>                                        41
   3. Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                     37
   4. The Ghost In The Machine <ewill@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>         32
   5. Rick <none@xxxxxxxxxx>                                           30
   6. Peter Köhlmann <Peter.Koehlmann@xxxxxxxxxxx>                     28
   7. Andrew Halliwell <spike1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                         24
   8. Johan Lindquist <spam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                            22
   9. Gregory Shearman <ZekeGregory@xxxxxxxxxxxx>                      15
  10. JEDIDIAH <jedi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>                                    13
  11. Sinister Midget <fardblossom@xxxxxxxxx>                          12
  12. Richard Rasker <spamtrap@xxxxxxxxxx>                             11
  13. Ramon F Herrera <ramon@xxxxxxxxxxx>                              10
  14. chrisv <chrisv@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                                    9
  15. High Plains Thumper <highplainsthumper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>           7
  16. Mark Kent <mark.kent@xxxxxxxxxxx>                                 6
      7 <website_has_email@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                        6
  18. thufir <hawat.thufir@xxxxxxxxx>                                   5
      alt <spamtrap@xxxxxxxxxxxx>                                       5
  20. Steve Carroll - CSMA Refugee                                      4
      Jerry McBride <jmcbride@xxxxxxxxxx>                               4
      nessuno@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <nessuno@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>         4
  23. guddu <vishal21@xxxxxxxxx>                                        3
      William Poaster <wp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                            3
      AZ Nomad <aznomad.3@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                          3
      Stephen <ss@xxxxxxxxxxx>                                          3
  27. howa <howachen@xxxxxxxxx>                                         2
      Matt <matt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                               2
      Belphegor <huelse@xxxxxxxxx>                                      2
      John Slade <hhitman86@xxxxxxxxxxx>                                2
Toplist of 'Quality' Posters [2]

 Pos  Poster                                                        Index
   1. Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                    148
   2. Richard Rasker <spamtrap@xxxxxxxxxx>                             84
   3. Homer <usenet@xxxxxxxxxx>                                        76
   4. High Plains Thumper <highplainsthumper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>          74
   5. Mark Kent <mark.kent@xxxxxxxxxxx>                                73
      Rick <none@xxxxxxxxxx>                                           73
      nessuno@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <nessuno@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>        73
   8. Linonut <linonut@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>                                  69
   9. 7 <website_has_email@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                       68
  10. The Ghost In The Machine <ewill@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>         66
  11. chrisv <chrisv@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                                   65
  12. Andrew Halliwell <spike1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                         64
      Sinister Midget <fardblossom@xxxxxxxxx>                          64
  14. Johan Lindquist <spam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                            62
  15. alt <spamtrap@xxxxxxxxxxxx>                                      61
      Gregory Shearman <ZekeGregory@xxxxxxxxxxxx>                      61
  17. AZ Nomad <aznomad.3@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                         59
      JEDIDIAH <jedi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>                                    59
  19. William Poaster <wp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                           56
      Peter Köhlmann <Peter.Koehlmann@xxxxxxxxxxx>                     56
  21. Jerry McBride <jmcbride@xxxxxxxxxx>                              55
  22. thufir <hawat.thufir@xxxxxxxxx>                                  52
  23. Ramon F Herrera <ramon@xxxxxxxxxxx>                              51
Toplist of Newsreaders

 Pos  Newsreader                                                     Msgs
   1. KNode                                                           410
   2. slrn                                                            198
   3. Pan                                                             144
   4. Thunderbird                                                      99
   5. tin                                                              38
   6. G2/1.0                                                           29
   7. Forte Agent                                                      26
      MT-NewsWatcher                                                   26
   9. RadioShack Colour Computer 2, MickeyTerm Ver. 2.0                 5
  10. Tandy Colour Computer 2/MickeyTerm Ver. 2.0                       4
      Microsoft Outlook Express                                         4
  12. Icedove                                                           1
      COLA Stats Engine                                                 1
[1]: Certain off-charter, abusive, anti-Linux or pro-Microsoft
     threads will be dropped, depending on their severity, and
     hence not included in the stats, which are provided by me
     as a measure of advocacy, not as a means of spreading the
     Trolls' lies and malice even further.
[2]: The poster 'quality' stats is based on:
       a) quoting: 100 - %'age quoted
       b) cross-posting: 100 - %'age cross-posted
       c) number of direct followups posters articles get
       d) troll feeding: 100 - 2.0 * %'age troll followups
       e) 75 deducted for known trolls
       f) for the humour impaired the quotes around 'quality'
          are intended to convey they are not to be taken too
          seriously :-)

--
K.
http://slated.org

.----
| "Stallman has frequently pointed out, Free Software is by no means
| antithetical to making money: it's just a question of how you make
| money." ~ Glyn Moody: http://tinyurl.com/4wn2l2 (ComputerworldUK)

 07:40:40 up 190 days,  4:16,  2 users,  load average: 1.33, 0.35, 0.14