Re: [News] Microsoft OOXML: Fail

____/ Mark Kent on Monday 10 March 2008 10:55 : \____

> Jesper Lund Stocholm <jls2008@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> espoused:
>> Jim Richardson <warlock@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote in

>>> Unless I missunderstood Mr Stockholm, it was not permitted.
>>
>> Well, it was not discussed, as far as I remember. The first thing (after
>> the first break) the Convener did the first morning was to say that we were
>> not allowed to take pictures in the room since some delegates were not
>> happy to see pictures of them on the internet.
>>
>> There was no objections to this.
>>
>> PS: My Surname is without a 'k' :o)
>>

> Which is a strange ruling.  Why not say /which/ delegates object , say,
> and determine that their pictures may not be taken, but anyone else's
> can?
>
> I've *never* heard of any such ruling in any meeting I either attended
> or chaired in ETSI, ITU-T, ITU-R, Intelsat, Linux Foundation, or
> anywhere else.  Furthermore, I doubt that it could even be held to be
> valid.
>
> It sounds more like people are trying to cover their tracks, to me.

Yes, indeed. And with all due respect, Mr. Stocholm, as a Microsoft partner in
a Linux NG, is hardly worth responding to. The Microsoft partners who
subverted the process just don't like to be named (and shamed). People who
Google them find out how they screw their country and it's easier when they
have names.

The partners serve Microsoft, their paymaster. They don't serve their country.

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "How do I set my laser printer on stun?"
Swap:  1510068k total,   564968k used,   945100k free,    72724k cached