Re: Why Linux must win

> ,----[ Quote ]
>| The exchange always seems to go like this:
>|
>|     FOSS advocate: Microsoft is doing [some business strategy], which is bad,
>|     because [some negative effect on the FOSS community, the user community
>|     or society].
>|
>|     Microsoft fan: Have you tried [insert some random Microsoft product
>|     name]? It's excellent! But you don't see that because for you it's only
>|     Linux/FOSS. You obviously hate Microsoft (or Bill Gates, or Steve
>|     Balmer). (Sometimes thrown in: Microsoft worked hard for its market
>|     share, why should they not take advantage of it? You FOSS people are
>|     communists and don't like the free-market.)
> `----
>
> http://www.geekzone.co.nz/foobar/4674

His opinions mean /nothing/:

   Who I am: Software developer, architect, CTO, company founder,
   consultant. Occasional guest speaker at universities and conferences.
   15 years in the industry, and still not a software millionaire.

<sick grin>

--
People always fear change. People feared electricity when it was invented,
didn't they? People feared coal, they feared gas-powered engines...