Re: Cross-platform gets redefined ..

* Tom Shelton peremptorily fired off this memo:

> On Mar 3, 5:39 pm, Linonut <lino...@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>> > What royalties?  You don't need an MS license to develop for
>> > Silverlight...  All you need is the FREE sdk and a text editor.
>>
>> Not if you are a commercial entity, according to Microsoft's CEO.
>> You have a balance-sheet liability with Microsoft that you must cover.
>
> Really?  Where did you see that?

Lot's of places.   Here's one:

   http://blog.seattlepi.nwsource.com/microsoft/archives/108806.asp?source=rss

>> And so what if you're a non-commercial coder?  No commercial entity can
>> use your Mono code unencumbered, if Microsoft gets wind .
>
> I don't believe that is true.  You have a reference?

   http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mono_(software)#License

   On November 2, 2006, Microsoft and Novell announced a joint agreement
   whereby Microsoft agreed to not sue Novell\u2019s customers for
   patent infringement.[9] According to Mono project leader Miguel de
   Icaza,[10] this agreement extends to Mono but only for Novell
   developers and customers.

--
There are people who don't like capitalism, and people who don't like PCs. But
there's no one who likes the PC who doesn't like Microsoft.[3]