[News] Kaseya Approaches Linux and Mac OS; Platforms Run in the Browser

  • Subject: [News] Kaseya Approaches Linux and Mac OS; Platforms Run in the Browser
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 01 Mar 2008 17:52:25 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Kaseya: Mac Support Here Linux and Smart Phones by December

,----[ Quote ]
| The next release of the MSP platform adds support for Macintosh OS X and
| Intel's vPro by March and promises Linux and smart phones by December.
`----

http://www.channelinsider.com/c/a/SMB-Partner/Kaseya-Mac-Support-Here-Linux-and-Smart-Phones-by-December/

Of Macs & Tux: Running Linux in your browser

,----[ Quote ]
| The fourth demo shows how JPC can run a tweaked Linux (without the X11)
| inside a browser. Give it a whirl and be amazed by the power of this Java
| application. I believe that there is no other technology available today that
| can match this power.
`----

http://www.mb.com.ph/TECH20080301118156.html

Related:

Hands on with the new online version of OpenOffice.org

,----[ Quote ]
| Still, Online OpenOffice.org certainly does have a niche it can fill. Due to
| its desktop-cum-web nature, it easily offers the most features of any online
| office suite. Users who are unhappy with Google Docs' K.I.S.S. approach and
| are unwilling to pay Microsoft's hefty prices for Office might have a good
| chance at looking past Online OpenOffice.org's shortcomings. As
| OpenOffice.org's GUI matures—and if Ulteo's implementation keeps in step—
| Online OpenOffice.org has a good chance of evolving into a feature-rich, easy
| to use, web-based office suite.
`----

http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20071216-hands-on-with-the-new-online-version-of-openoffice-org.html

It's all so clear now...

,----[ Quote ]
| Now I think I know what the deal is with Ulteo. It's going to be a completely
| online OS that can be run over a fast internet connection on a remote
| computer. They don't have the entire system in place, but right now, you can
| sign up for a free account, and (supposedly) test it. It won't seem to let me
| try it out, but apparently, they managed to get OpenOffice working.
`----

http://distrogue.blogspot.com/2007/12/its-all-so-clear-now.html

What a rush!!

,----[ Quote ]
| The Ulteo main web server is experiencing a big, big, rush. It’s been under
| an heavy load for two days, and of course, page loading is sometimes slower
| than expected… We have performed urgency tasks, such as moving static stuff
| to other servers, but the rush is really too big.
`----

http://www.indidea.org/gael/blog/?p=43

Ulteo brings OpenOffice to Web browser

,----[ Quote ]
| People can also exchange documents in Microsoft's Office format or PDF. The
| service also supports the OpenDocument Format standard.
|
| There are already several companies offering online versions of traditional
| desktop applications, including Google, Zoho, and others. Microsoft on Monday
| released Office Live Workspace, which lets people share Office documents on a
| hosted Web server.
`----

http://www.news.com/8301-10784_3-9832336-7.html?tag=newsmap

Use OpenOffice.org online with Ulteo !

,----[ Quote ]
| Register to be one of the 15,000 beta users
`----

http://www.ulteo.com/home/en/news/2007/12/11?autolang=en

Ulteo Declares a Desktop Revolution

,----[ Quote ]
| Several Linux systems debuted over the last few years with the
| promise of making Linux easier for the ordinary user. The
| lastest of the desktop debutantes is a mysterious Linux know as Ulteo.
`----

http://www.tuxmachines.org/node/15854

Ulteo's Screenshots (installation in six steps)

,----[ Quote ]
| Here you can see the screenshots for Ulteo, the new kid on the block,
| and claims to be the world's easiest linux.
`----

http://linux.go2linux.org/node/46

Ulteo the new "easiest" linux in the world

,----[ Quote ]
| This new distro claims to be the easiest linux now a days, it is
| based on KUBUNTU, according to Duval, Ulteo is more than just user
| friendly, the Ulteo philosophy is to offer a system where the user
| won't need to spend too much time upgrading, fine tunning and
| managing the system.
`----

http://linux.go2linux.org/node/45

Ulteo Sirius Alpha1 has been released! Towards an "Application Syste

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.ulteo.com/main/sirius_alpha_announce.php