Re: [News] 'Human Life' Patented, Other Trivial Things Seen as Property (Monopoly)

On Thu, 20 Mar 2008 16:24:26 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> ____/ Mark Kent on Thursday 20 March 2008 12:30 : \____

>>> ____/ [H]omer on Wednesday 19 March 2008 16:41 : \____

>>> It's not sickening. It's GREED.
>>>

>> Well, it's both, really.
>
> Yeah, I meant that as a joke (doesn't stand out in writing).
>
>> I, too, am appalled that such a thing could
>> happen.  Body parts are already a tradeable commodity in some
>> geographies, we can now add the US to that list.
>
> Always look away at the sight of the word "monetisation". People now wish to
> monetise human life. How about operational procedures patents? Worse than
> business methods.
>
> "We can save you husband, Mrs. Campbell, but we're afraid your bank balance
> does not permit you to buy the intellectual monopoly (licence) for this
> surgery."

That is happening already Schestowitz, maybe not in GB where you have
socialized medicine, but in other parts of the world where the uninsured or
under insured don't have the money for expensive operations etc.

It's wrong, and in this case I agree with you.

I'll give you some advice Shestowitz, you actually have a point here with
patents and stem cell research so why not offer up everything legitimate
you can to fight this travesty and leave the paranoia alone, at least for
this thread.

IOW, don't ruin your cause with your typical loony postings.

Just my advice.

--
Moshe Goldfarb
Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots: