[News] New Canadian Company Makes Money from Free Software

  • Subject: [News] New Canadian Company Makes Money from Free Software
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 16 Mar 2008 16:10:42 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Cost-Effective Open Source Software Integration and Services Now Available to
Companies Located in Montreal, Quebec

,----[ Quote ]
| Inteligan’s Open Source Solution Team is focused on providing solutions for
| companies seeking alternatives to licensed commercial software and vendor
| dependency. Open source software, which is slowly being adopted by the
| corporate environment, has experienced increases in stability and
| user-friendly experiences. Cost-centric companies searching for free software
| applications that have similar core capabilities as licensed commercial
| software now have a viable alternative.
`----

http://www.pr.com/press-release/76517

Maybe Scott Douglas and his hundreds of nyms can turn to this company for
business. That's where he lives, doesn't he?

Remember to FLOSS Daily

,----[ Quote ]
| FLOSS is a disruptive technology - change in what had become a static world.
| Change is always disruptive. Look at the impact of automobiles on society. Or
| aircraft, or computers. Society seems to go through periods of change,
| followed by a plateau of status quo. So, we’ve had a period of status quo
| with computer programs that were “owned” by corporations, and the use of them
| was sold to the public. In fact, it’s gotten so bad that software is even
| being patented - a very questionable practice considering that software is
| actually mathematics applied very quickly. And the quickly is due to
| hardware, as much or more than it is due to software.
`----

http://tycheent.wordpress.com/2008/03/15/remember-to-floss-daily/

Related:

Spending on open source support services in Canada to soar

,----[ Quote ]
| The market for open source support services is going to boom over
| the next five years, according to a recent Gartner survey.
`----

http://www.itbusiness.ca/it/client/en/home/News.asp?id=42488&cid=6

Canadian Greens add FOSS to election platform

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.linux.com/feature/120280