Re: [News] Microsoft OOXML: Fail

On Wed, 12 Mar 2008 07:27:24 +0000,
 Mark Kent <mark.kent@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Jesper Lund Stocholm <jls2008@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> espoused:
>> William Poaster <wp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in
>>
>>> Jesper Lund Stocholm wrote:
>>
>>> Oh, you mean like Micro$oft did with their "Get the Facts"
>>> campaign...yeah, that was factually correct, wasn't it.
>>> And like Micro$oft's ads, that were pulled by the UK Advertising
>>> Standards Authority:
>>> http://www.cxolinux.com/linux/jsp/article.jsp?article_id=1393&cat_id=12
>>> 02 And also by the South African Advertising Standards Authority:
>>> http://www.itweb.co.za/sections/business/2003/0303201315.asp?S=Software
>>> &A=SFT&O=FPMS
>>
>> So you are saying that the information I have provided is false?
>
> You have spun well for your paymasters, however, nobody, anywhere, is
> remotely convinced that you are acting for anything other than the
> interests of Microsoft in your efforts to corrupt ISO, to push a
> standard through on fast-track which is clearly not only widely
> unsupported but so immature as to be next to worthless.

Mark, Jesper Lund Stocholm has been reasonable and polite. Perhaps you
could try responding in kind.

> We *know* that Microsoft could easily implement ODF it it wanted.
> We *know* that Microsoft will "innovate" beyond OOXML anyway.
> We *know* that OOXML in its present form is utterly incomplete and
> unusable.

I don't trust MS, plain and simple. I don't think most of the people
there are evil in the normal sense. But the company sure acts that way.
Madness of crowds to a certain aspect.

>>> Good. Now push off.
>>
>> Strange ... :o)
>>

> Not really, you are here pushing the agenda of Microsoft.  Just like
> you've been doing in ISO.

Seems fairly evenly balanced to me. ODF isn't perfect, and OOXML isn't
evil incarnate.

"Life is a sexually transmitted disease
      with a 100% mortality rate."