Re: Posting from an XO laptop

____/ thad05@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx on Thursday 27 March 2008 23:13 : \____

> I'm finally back in Wisconsin after wrapping up my consulting contract
> in Connecticut, and consequently now have a chance to play with the
> girlfriend's XO laptop (I'm posting this message from it).  It my look
> like a toy, but this really is one impressive little green machine.
> The keyboard takes a little getting use to, but overall it seems
> really well built.  I plan on playing with it some more this weekend
> and then I will post my impressions.

Stallman considered using one too.

It's a shame that Intel, joined by Microsoft, ruined the project. Microsoft
still strives to hijack it and have children locked in, suffocated by DRM
and 'addicted' to Windows.

"If the operating system is in fact a natural monopoly, then what could be
better than having an operating system that nobody owns?"
                --James Love