Re: Medion - the Asus Eee killer?

Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> Even if some boards ran Windows, it's called dumping, which means that
> Microsoft profits will simply continue to fall. Linux, unlike
> Microsoft (or AMD), isn't affected much. Let Microsoft carry on losing
> revenue. That can't last forever.

That's actually a bit subtle. After all, MS still gets its cut?

Thinking about it though, it now gets a trivial amount, c.f. a Vista
sale?  - and every XP licence sold is a Vista licence NOT sold?
To that extent, at least, MS loses, in that it gets only about 1/3 of
what it would for a "proper" XP install, and rather less than that for
a missed opportunity to Experience The Vista Experience?:-)

If mes amis across the Channel have their way, that income could be cut
even more, of course.....

Amazing, isn't it?  We are all going to use Vista, XP to stop selling in
Jan 08, then June 08, then (oops!) better keep it alive because a 7
year-old OS version is the best we can offer for the small laptop?

I wonder how Martha Goldfish sees it?:-)