[News] antiX (GNU/Linux) 7.2 Released and Praised for "Saving the Day"

A New Update of antiX 7.0

,----[ Quote ]
| MEPIS has announced the release of antiX 7.2, "Vetëvendosje."
`----

http://www.mepis.org/node/14192

AntiX saves the day

,----[ Quote ]
| There's more. You can use AntiX as a rescue system when you mess up your MBR
| or change your partition numbers, requiring you to change your boot loader
| entries and your disk mount table. AntiX helps you get in, mount your
| partitions and fix whatever you may need to fix. But then you just may want
| to continue to run it for a few hours or a few days, or...
`----

http://usalug-org.blogspot.com/2008/05/antix-saves-day.html

Recent:

Anti Releases an Update to antiX 7.0

,----[ Quote ]
| MEPIS has announced the release of antiX-M7.01 "Lysistrata" , a lightweight
| derivative of SimplyMEPIS 7.0. antiX is built and maintained by MEPIS
| community member anticapitalista, as a free version of MEPIS for very old 32
| bit PC hardware and is designed to work on computers with as little as 64MB
| RAM and Pentium II or equivalent, but not AMD K5/K6 processors.
`----

http://www.mepis.org/node/14188

Related:

antiX M-7, The Fat-free Mepis

,----[ Quote ]
| I would say that AntiX is highly recommended for those who have older
| machines because of its dependable hardware detection and its light
| footprint. While it did not perform as well as Xubuntu on my older laptop, I
| still consider AntiX as a very promising distro that could easily beat any
| lightweight distribution in the near future.
`----

http://junauza.blogspot.com/2007/11/antix-fat-free-mepis.html

ReviewLinux.Com: First Look at MEPIS AntiX 7.0 Beta 2

,----[ Quote ]
| I am always looking for a faster Linux OS that just does the basics. I want a
| low-overhead Linux distro that can run on almost any machine be it a Pentium
| 2 to a Pentium 4. MEPIS AntiX 7.0 Beta 2 might just be the one. Check out my
| short little review about this Linux distro plus my flash video showing off
| this fast and lightweight Linux OS.
`----

http://www.reviewlinux.com/index.php?m=show&id=6903

antiX MEPIS 6.5 Screenshots

http://shots.linuxquestions.org/?linux_distribution_sm=antiX%20MEPIS%206.5

AntiX "Spartacus", Lightweight Version of MEPIS is Released

,----[ Quote ]
| MEPIS has announced the "Spartacus" release of antiX, a lightweight
| derivative of MEPIS. AntiX is built and maintained by MEPIS community member
| anticapitalista, as a free version of MEPIS for very old 32 bit PC hardware.
`----

http://www.mepis.org/node/13830

New AntiX distro makes older hardware usable

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.linux.com/feature/11520399