[News] 5 New Linux Releases: Ubuntu ME 8.04, B2D 20080513, rPath 2.0, Berry 0.90, Recovery Is Possible 5.4

  • Subject: [News] 5 New Linux Releases: Ubuntu ME 8.04, B2D 20080513, rPath 2.0, Berry 0.90, Recovery Is Possible 5.4
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 18 May 2008 06:24:44 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Ubuntu Muslim Edition 8.04 final version released

,----[ Qouote ]
| The Ubuntu Muslim Edition team is proud to announce the final version of
| UbuntuME 8.04. It includes an installable live Desktop CD, a second CD with
| additional softwares (OpenOffice, Arabic language packs, Quran recitations
| etc.), an installable DVD (with more Quran recitations), and a script to
| convert standard Ubuntu installations to UbuntuME.
`----

http://www.ubuntume.com/newspage:804release

Berry 0.90 @ http://berry.sourceforge.jp/

B2D 20080513 Debain-based) @ http://b2d.tnc.edu.tw/

rPath 2.0 @ http://www.rpath.com/corp/

(R)ecovery (I)s (P)ossible 5.4 @
http://www.tux.org/pub/people/kent-robotti/looplinux/rip/

Not a single release of Mac OS or Windows today.

Related:

Distros Don’t Drive Development

,----[ Quote ]
| Lots of press and people focus on Linux distributions when they check out
| what happens in Linux land. This and that distro come in new releases and
| they offer this and that brand new feature. This is also true of the many
| linux podcasts. They give credit to distros for new things that pop up.
`----

http://daniel.haxx.se/blog/2007/10/28/distros-dont-drive-development/

Ubuntu 7.10 & Fedora 8 Performance Compared

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=912&num=1