Re: More Microsoft Abuses, European Commission Receives Complaint Referral

On May 13, 3:33 pm, Roy Schestowitz <newsgro...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
> ____/ AqD on Tuesday 13 May 2008 06:51 : \____

> > The EU is just being unreasonable and unfair. If what M$ did should be
> > illegal, a lot of companies would be closed by now, including Apple!
>
> > They keep attacking M$ because it's big - but the law is supposed to
> > be indifferent for all companies, whether big or small, monopoly or
> > not.
>
> You seem to misunderstand the basis of anti-Trust laws.

Well, in my opinion anti-trust laws are just wrong. The laws should be
indifferent and universal to everyone.

If a government doesn't wish to see monopoly, why not use its
bureaucracy as customer to affect the market? For example, the US
could have forced all departments to use Netscape instead of suing M$
for the web browser case.

It may cost more money, but it's the principle that matters: if the
law can be used to hamper someone's natural right to earn profit in
order to benefit some others, it could be used for just anything and
there would be no restriction or any limit on the goverment's power -
they could take anything from you as long as they believe it benefits
the country!