Re: [News] [Rival] Microsoft's Ballmer Intends to Burn Cash, Bill Gates Still Lies

____/ Homer on Sunday 11 May 2008 20:51 : \____

>> That Cash Sure Is Burning a Hole in Ballmer's Pocket
>
> Too late, Sweaty's grease-gun already poked a hole in the Vole's pocket,
> and 30 Billion USD slipped out and washed down the storm drain.
>
> Where will he find the cash to buy his proposed "20 web companies a year
> for the next five years" now?
>
> http://www.theregister.co.uk/2007/10/19/ballmer_wants_to_buy_things/
>
> At up to 1 Billion USD each, that's 100 Billion USD, which is five times
> the Vole's cash reserves:
>
> http://www.macnn.com/articles/08/05/05/apple.cash.vs.ms.cash/
>
> Looks like Sweaty may need to cut back on his cheeseburgers for a while.
>
> What I find more perplexing, and considerably more disgusting, is this
> twisted idea that running a business means gobbling-up other companies.
> What ever happened to just making a product and selling it?
>
> Sorry, I forgot; "Usually Microsoft doesn't develop products, we buy
> products". They're more like flea-market traders than software vendors.

A professor E-mailed me the other day to say that Microsoft is mainly buying
and selling its own stock nowadays. A bit sarcastically he said that Microsoft
is not much different than Enron.

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    Download Othello: http://othellomaster.com