Re: [News] Humour About Linux Advocacy, 'Coverting' Freiends

Roy Schestowitz wrote:

Top 5 ways not to be a Linux evangelist
,----[ Quote ]
| As I ate dinner at a recent LUG meeting, I found myself pleasantly surrounded | by a group of people with the same intense passion. We all shared a thorough | love for the beneficial and effective Linux operating system. | | Number 1 | | Do not sneak in to work early one morning, insert Linux live CDs into | everyone’s desktop system, and hope that when they live boot they will be | excited to see TUX.

Ha ha.  That's right.  Everex tried something somewhat similar at WalMart.

It is always a good idea to keep a few live-cds with you | so that you can offer it to someone who may be interested. But “surprising” | the office, including the senior VP, with the benefits of a KDE desktop is | probably not going to help the cause. Although, from what I’ve heard, it can | make your Monday morning at the office most interesting. `----

http://www.reallylinux.com/docs/linuxevangelist.shtml