[News] Flash for 64-bit GNU/Linux Will Come

Where is 64-bit Linux support for Flash Player?

,----[ Quote ]
| From what I’ve heard it works fairly well on most distros but I haven’t heard
| yet how well it works with the new Flash Player 10 beta. Despite this
| potential workaround eventually Adobe does need to natively support 64-bit
| Linux - and they will.
`----

http://linux.sys-con.com/read/575735_p.htm

Recent:

Flash Player 10: Dazzling Effects, Better Performance, Runs on Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| Once piece of welcome news is that Adobe is releasing the Flash Player 10
| beta for all major platforms — Windows, Mac and Linux. Adobe has even upped
| the Linux ante with a new installer specially tailored for Ubuntu users.
| Barclay says that Adobe considers Linux a major platform and will continue to
| make all Flash releases simultaneous across platforms.
`----

http://blog.wired.com/monkeybites/2008/05/flash-player-10.html

Free Flash community reacts to Adobe Open Screen Project

,----[ Quote ]
| Both Otte and Savoye do see some limited good coming out of the Open Screen
| Project. Otte suggests that the growing openness of Adobe might help to
| reduce the reservations in the free software community about working to
| reproduce proprietary technologies, as well as "the general 'flash is evil'
| attitude" that prevails in the community."
|
| Moreover, both Otte and Savoye see the announcement as a hopeful sign. "I
| think Adobe will open up Flash in the end, or at least the Flash player,"
|       ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
| Otte says.
|
| Savoye expresses the same hope, although he notes that, "I've been told by
| people at Adobe that their Flash player has so many other people's
| intellectual property in it that they can never free up the code." However,
| he adds that examples like Sun's removal of propriety elements from the
| original StarOffice code to produce OpenOffice.org and its current efforts
| with Java indicate that the move is not impossible. "The trick is, are they
| going to make that kind of commitment?" he asks.
`----

http://www.linux.com/feature/134378

Adobe Drops Licensing Fees, Gives Away Flash For Devices

,----[ Quote ]
| Software maker Adobe announced Thursday that it would drop many of the
| licensing requirements attached to its Flash technology, which is used to
| display video and audio content on the web.
`----

http://blog.wired.com/monkeybites/2008/04/adobe-drops-lic.html

Adobe Joins Linux Foundation But Forgets About Flash for Linux

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://blog.internetnews.com/skerner/2008/03/adobe-joins-linux-foundation-b.html