Re: Comments about Roy's posts...

"Roy Schestowitz" <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> stated in post
3527996.IonVMJRzBF@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx on 11/30/08 5:09 AM:

>>> I recently pointed out how Roy S. is repeatedly posting information about
>>> Apple, MS, their products and their CEOs.  He is doing so in a way that
>>> *strongly* suggests automation.
>

> It's NOT spam and it's not automated. You've just reached the wrong forum
> ("benefits of Linux compared to others"), which is why you're complaining.

You *repeatedly* post the same information about Steve Jobs, Steve Ballmer,
Apple, MS, and their products.  Many of your repeats are about other
products... and without a comparison.  In fact, *most* of your repeats
mention nothing about Linux or even open source.  Some examples, from just
looking at *two* days worth of your posts:

,----[ Quote ]'
| A TV ad, for the iPhone, showed the phone in someone's hand and a finger'
| switching it on to reveal the menu page. The finger touched the weather
icon'
| showing the forecast for Cape Town and then navigated through a Heathrow'
| Airport area map, a Safari icon, hotels and stock market webpage.  The
iPhone'
| rang and the hand was shown answering it.  During the ad, the voice-over'
| said " You never know which part of the internet you'll need.  The do you'
| need sun cream part? The what's the quickest way to the airport part? The'
| what about an ocean view room part? Or the can you really afford this
part?'
| Which is why all the parts of the internet are on the iPhone".  The ad
ended'
| with on-screen text that stated "iPhone. Only on O2".'
|'
| Issue'
| Two viewers believed the claim that all parts of the internet were
accessible'
| was misleading because they understood that the iPhone did not support
Flash'
`----'

,----[ Quote ]'
`----'

,----[ Quote ]'
`----'

,----[ Quote ]'
`----'

,----[ Quote ]'
`----'

,----[ Quote ]'
| Microsoft in 1999 announced that it would end a policy of awarding'
| options at monthly lows and said it would take a $217 million charge,'
| though many details of that discontinued practice haven't been widely'
| known, The Wall Street Journal said Friday.'
|'
`----'

,----[ Quote ]'
| A federal judge ordered Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer to testify in a'
| class-action lawsuit revolving around Microsoft's marketing prior to the'
| launch of its Windows Vista operating system.'
`----'

If I were to post that much about Apple, imagine how up in arms the "in"
crowd would be.

As far as not being automated - I call bullshit on that claim.  Your posts
are clearly repeated in the way that can only reasonably be done with some
sort of automation.  Maybe you manually press the send button - but the
posts are clearly computer generated.

> "...So this atheist walks into a church and calls everyone infidels..."

You assume I am an "atheist" when it comes to Linux... a "non-believer".
This is not true: I use and advocate Linux.  Remember: I am one of the few
in COLA who is truly *for* choice... a major tenant of the Linux philosophy.

--
... something I'm committed to work on, focusing increasing amounts of
resources of Canonical on figuring out on how we actually move the desktop