[News] New Review of Fedora 10, Comparison to Ubuntu

Review: Fedora 10

,----[ Quote ]
| If you are an experienced Linux user, F10 is well worth spending some time
| with just for its sheer rounded-out quality; new users, once they get their
| heads around that multimedia issue, might also find a lot to admire in this
| excellent release.
`----

http://reddevil62-techhead.blogspot.com/2008/11/review-fedora-10.html

Multimedia Support in Fedora 10

http://linuxpoison.blogspot.com/2008/11/multimedia-support-in-fedora-10.html

Fedora 10 out - is it the best alternative to Ubuntu?

,----[ Quote ]
| Fedora also boasts "support for more hardware than any other operating
| system." But wait…isn’t most hardware optimized to run Windows? Anyway,
| judging from the tweaks and Red Hat’s commitment to the project, Fedora 10
| could very well be a panacea to cure the Ubuntu weary and set another new
| benchmark for other distros to follow. If you’re already using Fedora 9,
| there is little justification for you not to upgrade.
`----

http://tech.blorge.com/Structure
%20/2008/11/28/fedora-10-out-is-it-the-best-alternative-to-ubuntu/

Recent:

Fedora 10 vs. Ubuntu 8.10 Benchmarks

,----[ Quote ]
| In past distribution comparisons at Phoronix, the performance differences
| have been larger than what we experienced with Fedora 10 and Ubuntu 8.10.
| Both the x86 and x86_64 editions had performed nearly identical. In fact, the
| results are so close that it's hard to call a winner in any of the
| benchmarks. There's a few slight deviations in tests like the timed Gzip
| compression and BYTE Unix Benchmark, but nothing conclusive, at least with
| the hardware configuration we had used and the real-world tests conducted.
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=ubuntu_810_vs_fedora_10&num=1

Red Hat Fedora Claims It's the Leader in Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| Red Hat's Fedora community Linux distribution has now tallied its user base,
| and it's a number that on the surface would make it the largest installed
| base of any Linux distribution, with at least 9.5 million users and possibly
| as many as 10.5 million.
`----

http://www.internetnews.com/dev-news/article.php/3786726/Red+Hat+Fedora+Claims+Its+the+Leader+in+Linux.htm

First look: latest Fedora and Ubuntu betas really shine

,----[ Quote ]
| The developers behind the increasingly popular Ubuntu and Fedora Linux
| distributions announced the availability of new beta releases last week.
| These betas, which offer users an opportunity to get an early look at the
| functionality that will be included in the next major versions, are already
| highly polished and showcase the growing maturity of the desktop Linux
| software ecosystem.
`----

http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20081006-first-look-latest-fedora-and-ubuntu-betas-really-shine.html

Related:

23,000 Linux PCs forge education revolution in Philippines

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.computerworld.com.au/index.php/id;1163450117