[News] Features and Visual Tour of Fedora 10

Fedora 10 is a 10

,----[ Quote ]
| Its full list of new and improved features are:
| 1) Faster Boot Process
| 2) New Artwork and Themes
| 3) Faster and Better Printing
| 4) Better WebCam Support
| 5) Virtualization
| 6) Remix Capability (Roll Your Own Distro)
| 7) Fedora Ambassadors
| 8) An Intelligent Packaging System Interface (PackageKit)
| 9) Fedora Community
| 10) Fedora Spins

A Visual Desktop Tour of 10 Fedora Releases

,----[ Quote ]
| Let's take a trip down memory lane and have a visual desktop tour of this
| wonderful distro starting from its inaugural version that was released on
| November 6, 2003 until its most recent version that was out just a few days
| ago.
`----

http://www.junauza.com/2008/11/visual-desktop-tour-of-10-fedora.html

Fedora 10: LiveCD install

,----[ Quote ]
| I've had an all-around good experience with Fedora. It never stumped me out
| of my mind, and gave me enough options so that I was satisfied. I have used
| CentOS, Fedora Core 6, and Fedora 8, 9, and 10.
`----

http://linux-exploration.blogspot.com/2008/11/fedora-10-livecd-install.html

Recent:

Moving on: 64bit Linux, PulseAudio, Fedora 10 and so on

,----[ Quote ]
| The overall impression of Fedora 10 is very good. Most bugs I encountered
| running the Beta version are fixed - except for a strange coding problem, but
| I will survive that one.
|
| Also, my first move into the lands of 64bit are also far less complicated
| than expected. Your mileage may vary, depending on the used proprietary
| software, but then again kvm might be a solution to work around that problem.
`----

http://liquidat.wordpress.com/2008/11/27/moving-on-64bit-linux-pulseaudio-fedora-10-and-so-on/

Video: Spotlight on Network Manager

,----[ Quote ]
| Today’s installment of Spotlight On features Dan Williams discussing Network
| Manager. Dan explains how the Fedora community designed Network Manager to
| make network configuration less of a hassle–now getting onto the internet is
| easier than ever before.
`----

http://www.redhatmagazine.com/2008/11/25/video-spotlight-on-network-manager/

The KMS, Plymouth Experience In Fedora 10

,----[ Quote ]
| Fedora generally lives on the bleeding-edge of free software packages --
| especially when it comes to the Linux kernel and X.Org -- and with
| yesterday's release of Fedora 10 Cambridge this is no different. Fedora 9 was
| the first of the major distributions to integrate any level of kernel
| mode-setting support (A Preview of Kernel-based Mode-Setting) and this
| support has been well-extended in this latest Red Hat release.
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=Njg3Nw

Fedora does FIPS

,----[ Quote ]
| Version 10 of Fedora, codenamed Cambridge, might be of interest to federal
| agencies. It includes Python bindings for Federal Information Processing
| Standard 140, developed by the Mozilla Foundation. Developers could use those
| bindings to rapidly build encryption-based applications.
`----

http://www.gcn.com/online/vol1_no1/47649-1.html

Fedora 10 proves infrastructure matter

,----[ Quote ]
| Fedora 10 is the first release of any distribution in a long time that has
| actually felt like an upgrade to me. With more hardware detected, increased
| performance, and improved interfaces, Fedora 10 is an unusually strong
| release, with tantalizing hints of even better to come.
`----

http://www.linux.com/feature/154253

Ten Reasons to Get Fired Up Over Fedora 10 Part 1

,----[ Quote ]
| Over the next week we plan to post a series of blogs that explore ten
| examples from around our community, of people making a difference to free
| software through their work in Fedora. These are just ten of the many reasons
| you’ll want to fire up Fedora 10 and take it for a spin on your system. We’ll
| dive into some of the cool features that have been developed in this release,
| as well as some of the advances that have spread throughout the Fedora
| community. We’ll show off the collaboration that happens between volunteer
| contributors and Red Hat’s engineering staff to advance free software. And
| you’ll see why Fedora leads the pack in providing the future first.
`----

http://www.press.redhat.com/2008/11/17/ten-reasons-to-get-fired-up-over-fedora-10/

Fedora 10 Cambridge Released

,----[ Quote ]
| Following several months in development, Red Hat has just released Fedora 10
| (codenamed Cambridge). A number of new Red Hat innovations can be found in
| this release, such as Plymouth, and there are many updated packages such as
| those from X.Org and the Linux kernel. In this article are some screenshots
| from Fedora 10 final along with some of the other features that make up the
| tenth release of this very popular Linux distribution.
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=fedora_10&num=1

Fedora 10: the GNU/Linux Desktop Steps Forward

,----[ Quote ]
| Any release of a GNU/Linux distribution marks a milestone in a continuous
| cycle of software development. However, Fedora 10 promises to be a larger
| milestone than most, both for its development community and users, according
| to Paul W. Frields, the Fedora leader and chair.
`----

http://itmanagement.earthweb.com/features/article.php/3786911/Fedora+10+the+GNU/Linux+Desktop+Steps+Forward.htm

Related:

Omega 10 Desktop Linux